Code Typing Practice (or source code on Github: here) is a tiny web page that I wrote for fun last semester, which is for me myself to practice code typing. It is a naive Django web app (with bugs🤪). BUT! I find a service to deploy it lively today. That's what is worth noting down now.
Initially I tried to deploy this demo on Vercel.com. But it was too troublesome coz it does not support Django by default. Thankfully, I found pythonanywhere, on which each user can deploy one web app without payment. What's the best is that it is really easy to deploy: it provides access to Bash console.
Two things to be noted:
- Every 3 months, I have to login into the pythonanywhere to extend my web app, otherwise it will be killed.
- The bug cost most of my time is that in the
view.pyI had used relative path to the static code files. However, I should use absolute path, with adding
BASE_DIR = os.path.dirname(os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(__file__)))ahead.
Actually, after learned the MERN frame this semester, I am now aware of how naive this project is. However, I love Python, so it doesn't matter if i still regard Django as a hobby🤨. Who knows... I haven't even spent my time on that course project...
Now that the live demo is achieved, I might think of polishing this little project a bit.
- [ ] Fix bugs. Though i've already forgotten what those bugs are...
- [ ] Replace the stupid code snippets...
- [ ] Add the feature to compute time cost and typing speed. Also, save typing records.
- [ ] Explicitly support other kinds of typing materials, and also support uploading customize materials.